Gentoo Linux

Robert Dege rdege at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Tue Jan 21 11:44:50 EST 2003

Being the gumshoe that I am :) I decided to check the gentoo forums for
assistance.  It seems that the realtek problem is big problem with the rc2
release.  So I might wait until rc3 comes out & try that instead.

Gentoo also mentioned something about going to rc3 instead of final due to
a variety of reasons.... one of which is

"The 2.4.20 kernel is experiencing IDE problems on x86. While patches are
in the pipeline to fix these issues, they require more testing before
being declared "stable""

Is anyone actively listening to the kernel discussions?  This is the first
I heard about this, and I find it somewhat alarming since I've started
to upgrade certain servers to the 2.4.20 release (ack)

-Rob

Dege

.... If They Weren't Happening To Me