Trouble with kernel rebuild.

dadneumann at adelphia.net dadneumann at adelphia.net
Mon Jan 20 00:33:17 EST 2003

Did you ever get your NIC back?  As I understand it, you built it in
the kernal, not as a module?
I have Slack 8.1, 2.4.20 kernel, too.  Found my EtherExpress Pro
10/100 on board w/ out a hitch.  I do things a little different.
First I remove the "/usr/src/linux"soft link, then bunzip the
newsources in "/usr/src/linux-X.X.XX" (X's being the kernel version
numbers), then make a new soft link, and run "make menuconfig".  I
just don't trust the Xwindow versions.  Too much trouble /w
Windoze GUI's to feel happy w/ that!  "menuconfig" is a graphical
as I'll go! ;-)
Probably doesn't make a lot if difference.  Glad to hear there's
another Slackware fanatic in the group!
-Greg Neumann