Not so happy new year

David M Rosonowski rosonowski at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 2 01:24:40 EST 2003

Ok, this is mildly offtopic, but in the computery
range anyways.

Here's my situation. I go to a New Year's LAN party. I
meet a great girl. I get her phone number. I put it
into a text file, and continue talking to her for the
night.

I go home. I plug my machine back into the network. I
press the power switch... nothing.

I try a few things, and nothing.

I do a complete teardown and rebuild, nothing.

About this time, I'm reaaaly pissed off. Now, I happen
to really like this girl (she's cute, and the first
thing I heard out of her was "Oooh! Is that Unreal
2k3?").

The dillema is here - the motherboard is fried, and
although an RMA is in the works, I still don't have a
machine that can recognize the drive. Now, modern
linux distros would circumvent this problem, but this
machine is running windows on an NTFS partiton,so I
can't do anything along that line.

 I know "BIOS" tools exist, but I can't think of any
of them, or where to get them. Are there any that
anyone would recommend?

Alternately, (and what I'd like to do more), I don't
suppose anyone has a board that I could borrow in the
time it takes for a new one to come in?

David M Rosonowski, "The Lost And Lovelorn"?

=====
"I have not slept a wink"
William Shakespeare, Cybelime