CITRIX ICA

Darin Perusich Darin.Perusich at cognigencorp.com
Wed Feb 19 13:43:19 EST 2003

hi tom,

we're currently using cirtix to supply windows apps to our solaris
desktops. while most of my users are using the citrix unix client i've
found that rdesktop preforms much better. if you use rdesktop you don't
even need to use citrix, you can use the terminal services supplied with
windows 2000. don't use nt4 as a terminal server, it painfully slow.

the approach that i'd use is like what anthony mentioned. setup a linux
terminal services project server to boot the thin clients but when the
login comes up run rdesktop instead of the linux login and go right into
the windows terminal server.

i've setup rdesktop as an alternative session on my test solaris host.
by session i mean the GUI that you wish to use, CDE, OpenWin, Gnome2,
KDE1, KDE 2.2, KDE 3.1. isn't it nice to have a choice, hehe.