CITRIX ICA

Bradley J. Bartram bradbartram at ccsisp.com
Wed Feb 19 12:54:49 EST 2003

Tom -

A floppy distro may be a little smaller than what you are needing.  The ICA
from cisco requires 12 mb of space so to load a small image onto a floppy is
kind of out of the question.

My first recommendation would be to work with red hat as citrix has been
tested and has packages pre-built for it.  It keeps things simple.  Then you
can look into one of two options.

First, create a bootable cd which can create a ramdisk and mount your drives
and whatnot for client access.  This could get pretty tricky as you are
basically creating a system on cd.

The second option is to suppliment your citrix term server with an nfs server
or some other form of remote boot server to act in tandem with a very small
boot floppy (images are available on the redhat cd).  You can then boot as a
thin client, mount home directories and such and run the ICA.  This option
has the added benefit of being a little more centrally managed as you simply
need to update the nfs (or whatever bootserver) and your changes can be
propagated system wide.

For some decent info download the Icaunix.pdf Unix admin guide for citrix.
It'll give you the 411 on the nuts and bolts of what you want.

Just my $.02

brad