USB issue...

Richard Hubbard hubbardr at adelphia.net
Mon Feb 17 08:04:31 EST 2003

    Ok, I'm just a little miffed...My linux box is making me feel like
an idiot. (of course, that isn't too unusual, but this one I thought I
knew).

I recently got a palm m130, and want to use my linux box for syncing.
 My palm came with a usb connection, so I figured it would be easy.
After all, most of the folks on /. (slashdot.org) seem to think sycing a
palm is easier than syncing a sharp zaurus (which uses linux for it's os).
The instructions says to do a symbolic link between the /dev/palm (the
sym link) and /dev/usb.  Unfortunately, when I look at /dev/usb, it is a
directory, with many items in it.  Can anyone direct me to which item I
might be looking for?

The box is a dell inspiron 2600 with two usb ports on the back, and a
really nasty video card that the redhat 8.1 beta works with just fine
(the last comment was for the person looking for a cheap dell for the
purpose of running linux.  If you have a choice, get the inspiron 2650,
they use an nvidia card, but the 2600 will go ok if you use XFree 4.29
or later)

Thanks!

Rich