newbie redhat update problem

James Morin morin at adelphia.net
Sat Feb 15 23:19:52 EST 2003

Greets,

	The name is James, I just signed up to the mailing list.

Floyd:

1) Login as root.

2) Open a terminal window.

3) Change to the /etc directory

cd /etc

4) Edit the inittab file

5) Change the line that reads:
id:3:initdefault:
to read:
id:5:initdefault:

6) Reboot your system.

Should take care of that command line for you.