Dell's Linux Compat

Scott Lawton green_man at bluefrog.biz
Wed Feb 12 21:46:50 EST 2003

I get fliers from time to time with used Dell computers for sale, and have been thinking off and on about getting one for
a Linux only machine. I'm thinking of a Latitude laptop with a P III. How is their compatability for sound, video,
modems, NICs, etc, ?

Does anyone have firsthand experince with them ?
They're happy to tell you how Windows compliant they are because it's Pentium, but I don't know.
Call me non-conformist but I've always had AMD chips.

--
Scott
Pegasus v 4.01

"There are 10 kinds of people in the world:
those who understand binary, and those who don't."
Richard Hubbard