Redhat ES E1000 Problems

Michael Hanulec hanulec at hanulec.com
Sat Dec 27 23:59:00 EST 2003

Justin..

All you need to do is build the latest Intel e1000 source, v5.16 i
believe.  You can either do this via 'make install' or w/ rpmbuild if you
have kernel-source installed.  Upon upgrading your kernel they should have
the proper PCI mapping for what ever 8254x ethernet chipset you happen to
be running.

This is a common problem with new motherboards and old OS's.

-Mike

--
hanulec at hanulec.com		cell: 858.518.2647 && 516.410.4478
https://secure.hanulec.com	      EFnet irc && aol im: hanulec