Open Office 1.1

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Tue Dec 23 20:00:46 EST 2003

FYI
Based on performance alone, I have determined that Open Office Writer
1.1 renders from XML to screen and from screen to postscript for
printing using ray tracing!  I can't think of anything else that could
possibly take that long.  It works great, but on my pentium II 266MHz,
it takes a few minutes from selecting print to the local printer
starting.  I have 128MB memory and swap is fine.  Xsysinfo shows that it
sends my kernel processing through the roof.  1.0 didn't do that and all
my other apps are ok.

I'm going to get a new machine soon, so I'm sure the problem will go away.

Joe

--
"Most of the things worth doing in the world have been declared impossible before they were done" --Louis Brandeis (1856-1941) US Supreme Court Justice