Mandrake on an old Packard Bell

Timothy Domst timothy.domst at verizon.net
Mon Dec 22 16:25:24 EST 2003

On Monday, December 22, 2003, at 08:12  AM, Cyber Source wrote:

> Power supplies on ATX do not shut off immediately when pressed, you
> have to hold them for 6 seconds. Also, you may have a setting in BIOS
> that said to power on AC after AC loss, that could explain something
> goofy there. My experience is that power supplies either go or they
> don't. Make sure the button is not sticking either. I once had a lady
> that could not understand why her floppy drive and power button kept
> frying, turns out her dog was relieving himself on the pc when noone
> was looking, lol.
>
> Timothy Domst wrote:

>>> Power button won't work as in it doesn't come on again ?
>>>
>>> I'd double check all the connections because of the mother swap.
>>> And any voltage settings - Peter ?
>>>
>>> --
>>> The sole purpose of my life is, apparently, to test my sanity.
>>> Scott
>>> Netscape 7.0 on Win 98 SE
>>>

>> It won't come on again.  I rechecked the connectors, and the voltage
>> is 115 like always.  The power supply is 70W (!), so I will just look
>> around for a crappy used one with 70 or so watts.  I'm sure they are
>> like $5.

Well no dog here, but I'd like to relieve myself on the thing.  In fact
I have abandoned the cheap route, and I am in the process of buying
mobo, case, fans, cd, hd, etc. for a real working one that I can use as
a server.  Which leads me to another question;

I have a nice big Apple CRT monitor, is there a switch I can buy that
is good with Linux and will switch between computers (Apple G4 and SuSE
w/Gigabyte mobo) using the same monitor?