Mandrake on an old Packard Bell

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Mon Dec 22 08:12:07 EST 2003

Power supplies on ATX do not shut off immediately when pressed, you have
to hold them for 6 seconds. Also, you may have a setting in BIOS that
said to power on AC after AC loss, that could explain something goofy
there. My experience is that power supplies either go or they don't.
Make sure the button is not sticking either. I once had a lady that
could not understand why her floppy drive and power button kept frying,
turns out her dog was relieving himself on the pc when noone was
looking, lol.