again

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Sat Dec 20 17:40:31 EST 2003

OK, since a couple people have interest in mplayer. I put it up on our
website for download. Go to http://www.cybersource.us and click on the
downloads button, then  select mplayer. Remember this is a set of
packages to satisfy dependencies for the RH9 distro. If your doing a
Mandrake install, start with just the mplayer package itself and see if
and what dependencies it might need, then you could selectively start
including other packages. Just a note, when installing via rpm, you can
avoid a "leap frog" dependency hell of which comes first by installing
multiple packages at once, either by wild cards or multiple package
comments in the same rpm line separated by spaces. For example, I
install that all the packages in that tar ball by going in the directory
and "rpm -ivh *". Good luck and remember, one of the packages in that
tar ball is for the gui, so if you install that, you can start the gui
mplayer by typing gmplayer.