Info request for my Mom's "new" computer...

Scott Lawton green_man at bluefrog.biz
Sat Dec 13 17:56:01 EST 2003

On 12/13/03 3:04 PM, Cyber Source wrote:

> If Buffalo is not a long distance call for her, our Dial up service is
> $16.95 per month and almost all our users are Linux users! Call
> 553-8525 if your interested. Thanks
>
> peter wrote:
>
>> Greg Neumann wrote:
>>
>>> Well, so it's *not* new... it's faster than mine! ;-)
>>> I'm setting her up w/ KDE on Slack 9.1, making it as user friendly
>>> as Win98 for email and web browsing.  What I need to know is what
>>> local ISP's using a *GASP!* 56k modem, are Linux friendly?  I'll set
>>> up the ppp scripts, etc. so she can just "click and log on", I just
>>> want a good, Linux friendly ISP for her.  She lives in Niagara
>>> County, I live in Holland, so I'd rather not have to buzz back and
>>> forth every other day for admin tasks. ;-)
>>> Thanks for the help, guys!
>>> -Greg
>>>

>> I've nothing but good to say about wnyip.net.

If she's out in the sticks like me, where everything is long distance,
check out

http://www.bluefrog.com/access/

They have local numbers for all over, and as long as the modem can talk
to the server, the OS doesn't seem to matter.

--
hardware: n, the part of a computer that can be kicked.

software: n, the part of a computer that causes hardware to be kicked.

Scott
Mozilla 1.0 mail on Windows 98 SE