MAC info needed (non-Linux:-)

JJ Neff jjneff at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 11 20:31:51 EST 2003

My sister has a Powermac G3 All-In-One (teacher)

It has 3 PCI slots and I foud a website that shows how to switch the internal
24X cdrom with a EIDE CDRW (she wants one for X-mas)

THe internal EIDE (labeled for windows only works with toast but not imac
sometimes) THe OS currently is OS8.5.

I can also add a Firewire or USB (or combo) card in PCI and use an external
CDRW at a much higher cost.

Questions.  Any MAC users have TOAST or a copy of OS 9 lying around?  Any
suggestions on EIDE vs. USB Firewire external.  Anyone have the controller
cards or drives for sale?  The G3 AIO supports OS X but I dont know MAC OS well
enough to do an upgrade on a non-test machine from OS8.5.  Maybe if I had one
to play with to see it's a clean upgrade...

Any help, software, suggestions are appreciated...

OH any good used laptops for sale (MAC or PC)?

JJN