ALSA near gold

Robert Dege rdege at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Thu Dec 4 09:59:24 EST 2003

ALSA just annouced 1.0rc1 2 days ago.  It didn't mean that much to me
until I realized that they now support the Aureal chipset.  My old Vortex2
Sound card can once again be used :)

I remember 0.9.2 didn't support it, so I consider this a big improvement
over the old fashion method (which would involve the occasion system
freeze becuase of a PCI latency issue).

Overall, the product is worth checking out if your default OSS
drivers don't support your soundcard or doesn't offer the performance you
get from a windows box.

Dege

I'm just not up2date on my al-kee-hol-*hic* lingo
Although, I do have that slurring part down ;)