knoppix

JB mesimpleton at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 27 13:54:33 EDT 2003

I should elaborate a little more. I'm not online with
my dual boot redhat 9 windoze box yet. I'm using a
win98 only machine. The only cd burning program I have
is CDBurnerXP Pro. It has the options "Save image as
ISO file" and "write disk from ISO file". I tried both
and one way gives me an error right away and the other
converts the ISO down to a 705kb file and I end up
with another drink coaster. I burned the file straight
too which doesn't boot. Maybe I'll try copying to ISO
from the straight burn over to my dual boot and test
out the burner there. I think it has Xroaster?
I would like to network both computers but this win98
box has herpies and I'm not going to network until I
get my dual boot online and give this machine a new
FDISK and install.
Thanks for the quick reply.

JB;
It has to be burned as a ISO image. Nero will do a ISO
image Roxio
might is it has enough features enabled. I like Nero
Better. Put it
into the cd drive and and restart the machine and it
should go into
knoppoix. It takes a while to load, because it has to
comple the knearl
on the run. as it boots. onces its going it should
work good.

Ken
--- JB <mesimpleton at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I downloaded knoppix and burned a cd but it won't
> boot.
> I switched the bios to boot the cd drive first and
> then the floppy but that shouldn't matter. I'm not
> sure if I burned it wrong or what the deal is. At
the
> knoppix website it says you can make a boot disk
from
> a boot img on the disk but I looked at he disk and
it