PHP

cliff at cliffmeyers.com cliff at cliffmeyers.com
Fri Aug 22 00:42:06 EDT 2003

Hi Robert,

I'm a little confused by exactly what you mean, so a URL might help.

If you're passing one form (with several smaller forms inside of it, duplicated,
with the same fieldnames) you may be able to access the multiple values if you
name the fieldnames like this:

name="fieldname1[]"

PHP has a strange behavior where it will only interpret multiple checkbox fields
as an array if you named like a PHP array (see above).  You might be able to do
something similar with text fields if you follow that kind of naming convention.

Now, if you're talking about actually passing a PHP array via a form, there is a
way to do that.  You can use the serialize() and unserialize() functions to take
something like an array or an object, serialize it (write it to a string), pass
it in the form, and then unserialize it back into a variable on the following
page.  If your PHP installation has it enabled, you can also use WDDX as the
serialization method.

Let me know if you need any other info.

-Cliff