scsi tape drive

Robert Dege rdege at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Thu Aug 21 19:49:08 EDT 2003

1) verify that the hardware is properly terminated
2) verify that the SCSI ID on the tape drive is not the same as any other
devices or the SCSI Controller
3) The tape device requires the st.o module to be recognized by the
system.  If you're using the stock kernel, `lsmod` & see if it's loaded.
If not, insmod it & tail dmesg to see if the drive was detected.

-Rob

> I am trying to get Redhat 9.0 to detect my Eliant tape drive for backups. It detects the scsi card but how do I get it to detect the tape drive? I did cat /proc/scsi/scsi and it didnt detect anything. I also did mt -f /dev/st0 etc and no luck. Is the Eliant tape drive compatable? Thanks

Dege

.... If They Weren't Happening To Me