Mandrake install

Ron ronb at cogeco.ca
Tue Aug 19 20:37:01 EDT 2003

Thank-you!!

There was no "HOSTNAME" entry in /etc/sysconfig/network just one entry

NETWQRKING=yes

took an educated guess and added

HOSTNAME=laptop

I edited /etc/hosts as suggested and logged out and back on Gnome.
Gnome started without the previous error message and my command line
prompt now uses "laptop" rather than all the numbers.

Everything has been running worse than Win95 used to LOL.  No point
asking about it however.  I will need to play around a bit to see if
maybe it isn't already fixed.

again thank you!