Phone blocker

keogh c.keogh at verizon.net
Fri Aug 15 09:41:12 EDT 2003

there is a unit made by emerson for this purpose.

From: Asheville Joe <josephj at main.nc.us>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 11:30:24 -0400
To: NFLUG <nflug at nflug.org>
Subject: Phone blocker

Hi.  This is a little off topic, but I hope someone knows about it.

I share a dial up line for Internet with a couple of voice users who
occasionally pick up the phone and knock me offline.  In the past, I saw
a device that you could plug into any phone jack in the house that could
tell if the phone was in use elsewhere in the house and block access to
the line.  Does anyone know what it's called or where to get it?

Thanks.

Joe