mounting a partition that's located inside a disk (cd) image

Dave Andruczyk djandruczyk at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 11 22:39:53 EDT 2003

--- deadpoint <deadpoint at adelphia.net> wrote:
> once you've run setup_install_server successfully you'll need to run
> add_install_client to setup the tftp image. the file name is derived
> from the MAC address of the install client, so you'll need to get that
> from the open boot prom, just type 'print-env' from ok>.

Got all that already...  Having problems with CD 2 (image)  Attempting to run
"add_to_install_server" to get the rest of the solaris files on the install
server and it barfs every time complaining that cdtoc: is read only...

./add_to_install_server  /scratch/sol/  <-----as root

./add_to_install_server: line 464: cdtoc: is read only

Tried altering perms on the cdtoc file of the already installed files, no go so
far... stuck at the moment..   will try more tomorrow I guess...

=====
Dave J. Andruczyk