mounting a partition that's located inside a disk (cd) image

deadpoint deadpoint at adelphia.net
Sun Aug 10 11:26:32 EDT 2003

this is sucking the out slice 0 (s0) which give you the same results as
mounting the loop device. i've been playing with this all morning and am
not having any luck. all the docs that i've found on google explain
doing this under solaris, nothing on linux. i've tried dd'ing the
individual slices but that didn't work either, slice1 was garbage.

i know that when i stick on of the solaris install cd's in the cdrom
under solaris the volume manager (vold)  mounts all the individual
slices under /cdrom/cdrom0. i'm not really sure that kind of magic it's
doing but this is getting silly.

when i get to work tomorrow i'll download cd1, i only have 9 12/02 at
work and i'll extract the Boot slice and tar it up. i'll make it
avialable for download, this way you'll have the boot images. i'd do it
here but my only sun, an IPX is running debian.

darin