sendmail / IMAP

cliff at cliffmeyers.com cliff at cliffmeyers.com
Wed Aug 6 22:29:34 EDT 2003

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone out there had any experience setting up sendmail, also
with IMAP support.  I use RedHat 8 on all my servers and I'm tempted to use their
RPMs (sendmail, sendmail-cf, imap) to set this up, but typically I try to compile
everything from source so I'm a bit hesitant to rely on their packages.

If anyone could direct me to a decent HOWTO for configuring sendmail to act as a
single domain e-mail server (or possibly multi domain) and then tell me a little
more about getting an IMAP daemon working with it, that'd be fantastic.
Sendmail's configuration files are cryptic at best, and there's no way I'll
replace our current e-mail server (EIMS on a Mac, yuck) until I'm sure it's
configured properly and reasonably secure.

If anyone has any suggestions besides sendmail, I'd be willing to check that out
too.  Thanks very much, everyone.

-Cliff