Athlon Motherboards

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Fri Aug 1 22:37:27 EDT 2003

The older GeForce board will not work in an 8x AGP slot. Bob Meyer
bought a new GeForce 8X AGP video card from me last week and he was
lucky. See, the newer video boards will work in the older AGP slots on
the older motherboards but not the other way around. The newer 8X AGP
ports have an extra separator in the slot that your older video card
does not have. So you would need a new video board for the newer
motherboards with 8X AGP ports.
The onboard sound works fantastic with ALSA installed, and this is a
standard ATX motherboard so specifically it has onboard, Sound,
GamePort, 2 serial, 1 parallel, 2 USB and PS/2 keyboard and mouse. It
has 5 PCI slots and NO ISA slots. None of the newer boards have ISA
slots anymore either. So, if you have any ISA cards, they would have to
be replaced as well. So really all you would need is a new video board
and ethernet card. 10/100 PCI NIC's are $15.00 and we have the NVIDIA
GeForce2 MX400 64MB 8X AGP w/TV out video board for $59.00 of the NVIDIA
GeForce4 MX440 64MB 8X AGP DDR w/TV out video board for $79.00. I am in
Williamsville and by appointment only. If you want, call me tomorrow at
553-8525. Thanks

--
Cyber Source <peter at thecybersource.com>