just installed mandrake 9.1

Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 25 10:58:17 EDT 2003

Well, I put 9.1 on a laptop here and it all works as
advertised.  Chances are that the missing package was
VERY important.  If you get a failure while installing
a package, you need to check your CD for fingerprints,
damage, etc.  You also should 'md5sum' the ISO image
that you used to burn the CD.  It is definately bad
at this point.  I suspect that the package that didn't
get installed is probably one of the KDE packages or
the Mandrake menu.  Try starting in Gnome and see what
happens.  If you still don't get menus, it's the Mandrake
menu.  If you get menus, then it's a problem with one
of the KDE packages.

Hope this helps...

Cheers!

Bob
--- umar <umar99 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> and well... maybe something went wrong... cuz nothing
> seems to be working... I mean... when kde loads, there
> is nothing in the "start" menu... only bookmarks and
> quick browser... no programs... and nothing happens
> when I click the home icon on the desktop. I can also
> see the icons for the windows partition but they are
> not mounted and hence not accessible. I haven't
> experimented a lot with it... but I thought I should
> post it here and get some feedback from you guys. Let
> me know how was your experience when i install mdk
> 9.1. I installed all the standard packages. I did see
> an error installing a package during first CD... I
> don't remember which package was that... I just
> presumed it's not a very important one and continued
> with out. If that's the cause then I might download
> the first cd again.
> Let me know your experiences.
>
> Umar

> http://search.yahoo.com