wireless lan

Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 22 16:32:35 EDT 2003

--- "Riga, Anthony" <Anthony.Riga at searbrown.com> wrote:
> Is anyone familiar with getting an Engenius wireless pcmcia card to work with
> Redhat 9.0? The card is reconized but its not grabbing and ip address. What
> are the commands to bring it up? My friend is setting up wireless server
> using Mitel SME server with star-os and we are testing wireless with Linux.
> Any suggestions would help.

Well, I would do the network setup with the card in there and then when PCMCIA
services start, it should get the right information.  You need to have DHCP set
up on the wireless box (or someplace) and then it should be able to get an
address if you set 'eth0' to 'get address automatically' or whatever it is in
RedHat.  I haven't played with wireless too much but if it gets recognized,
it should work.

Cheers!

Bob

=====