Cut and paste

ron browning ron_browning14223 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 11 22:09:21 EDT 2003

K-office, OpenOffice, Star Office and some others use contrl c, v, and x just like MicroSoft.  Also, hold the shift key and then use your arrows to highligt if you don't like the mouse.

shipdadip <shipdadip at adelphia.net> wrote:

> Can someone point me to an explanation of how cut and paste are supposed
> to work in Linux? I'm highlighting blocks of text and copying them in a
> kterm and then trying to paste into a gedit window. Half of the time the
> paste doesn't happen, or I have to try to do it 3 different ways before it
> works. Control-V never seems to work. Sometimes, right-clicking the
> mouse and selecting paste works. It may be related to the klipboard
> utility. I haven't looked into that yet.
> I'm running the kdesktop under Mdk 9.1 rc2.

I think it really depends on the application. You can pretty much forget
about ctrl-c and ctrl-v. Most applications use the middle mouse button to
copy and paste. If you don't have a middle mouse button you should enable 3
button emulation, than you press both buttons and it acts like a middle
mouse button.