Tape backups

John Seth johnseth at phoenixwing.com
Wed Apr 9 11:08:56 EDT 2003

It's recognized, here's the stat output ;)  As per another email I just
sent, apparently it is a mammoth (per the output and ExaByte's website),
and not associated by the model # they put on the case.

# mt -f /dev/nst0 stat
SCSI 2 tape drive:
File number=0, block number=0, partition=0.
Tape block size 1024 bytes. Density code 0x27 (Exabyte Mammoth).
Soft error count since last status=0
General status bits on (41010000):
 BOT ONLINE IM_REP_EN

I'm going to do some rifling of tape cartridges and see if one works,
though, I'm not holding my breath at this moment.

  - Tony