Bittorrent

Robert Dege rdege at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Tue Apr 8 13:30:12 EDT 2003

>From the BitTorrent FAQ (http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/FAQ.html):

When I look at the file it's already full size but it's garbled and BT
says it's still downloading, what's going on?

BitTorrent pre-allocates the entire file when your download begins,
then writes in pieces in random order as it gets them. As a result the
file jumps to its full size immediately. BitTorrent will tell you when the
download is complete.

-Rob

> I must have got lucky. I downloaded the isos and they worked. cd1 didnt match the md5sum but it still worked. Only problem now after the upgrade is my Codeweavers dosent work. I tried to reinstall codeweavers and I still cant get it to work. I can burn copys for you.

Dege

.... If They Weren't Happening To Me