Cisco VPN CLient and RH9

Tom Morgan samothyev at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 7 07:28:46 EDT 2003

I installed RH9 over the weekend. Nice install btw...

Anyway I also installed cisco's vpn client for linux
as well. I get the following error msg:

$ vpnclient connect ********
Cisco Systems VPN Client Version 3.6.3 (Rel)
Copyright (C) 1998-2002 Cisco Systems, Inc. All Rights
Reserved.
Client Type(s): Linux
Running on: Linux 2.4.20-8 #1 Thu Mar 13 17:54:28 EST
2003 i686

Incorrectly built binary which accesses errno, h_errno
or _res directly. Needs to be fixed.

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on
this issue? I believe it might have something to do
with where I pointed to the kernel src during install
but I could be wrong. I took the default instead of
/usr/src/linux 2.4. I reinstalled the client and
pointed it to that dir. I can get into the VPN
Concenetrator now, however I am still gettting this
msg before my password promt. Thanks in advance.

Tom