xawtv

josephj at buffnet.net josephj at buffnet.net
Sat Apr 5 23:56:46 EST 2003

Thanks, Dege.  I looked in X11 and there's a v4l already there.  I assume
that's ok (you said V4L).  X11 log shows v4l getting loaded (but I don't
think I saw it in insmod).  I ran MAKEDEV from the bttv tarball.  I looked
in /dev and a bunch of stuff including vbi0 is there, but it's /dev/vbi0
not /dev/v4l/vbi0 like scantv is looking for.  I tried to do the make, but
it failed as expected.  The instructions say you have to have kernel
source around and at least run make config in /usr/src/linux.  My /usr/src
only has the RPM directory in it.  So I assume I need to load the kernel
sources from the release cdroms.  Should I do that and how?  I have not
yet done any module or kernel compiles and don't really know how.

Thanks for all the help.

Joe