OOffice and Madrake

frank pirrone fpirrone at localnet.com
Sun Sep 29 19:54:54 EDT 2002

"Bradley J. Bartram" wrote:

> You could use menudrake and add the relevant shortcut.  It should be available
> under K | configuration | other or you can access it via the Mandrake Control
> Center.
>
> brad
>
> On Sunday 29 September 2002 02:07 pm, JJ Neff wrote:
> > How do I get the OpenOffice.org suite to appear in the Mandrake 8.2 start
> > menu? I remember someone (bob?) mentioning it before but can't rememeber
> > how. Thanks...
> >
> > JJN
> >
> > PS I think it do with copying a bunch of shortcuts to the correct folder
> > but can't rememeber from where to where...

> > http://sbc.yahoo.com

Brad and JJ,

Been using Fluxbox for the last two weeks (cold-turkey off Gnome) and am still
amazed by the speed, simple configurability, features, stability, etc. of this
WM.  Really, do I miss the Trash Can, Panel, and Menu buttons?

A 400kb download, couple minute compile and install, couple minute configure and
you're in.  Root menu, automated menu configure, TABBED windows (!), Slit (dock),
styles, blackbox app compatibility,  and 3 simple config files: ~/.fluxbox/init,
keys, menu - and that's it.

Frank