wireless card

Robert Dege rdege at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Sat Sep 28 17:49:37 EDT 2002

Google found this:

http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_Tourrilhes/Linux/Orinoco.html

The site has a few linux on how to get the driver, and a few links on how
to install the driver (No mandrake specific links, but a few Redhat which
should be somewhat similar.

If this doesn't help, a `dmesg | more`  might provide you with more info
about how the kernle detected the device upon boot.  `/sbin/lsmod` will
give you a list of modules that are currently loaded (used to access your
various hardware).

-Rob

> Hello all,
>
> Has anyone in the group have any experience with getting an Orinoco
> wireless card recognized by Mandrake 8.2.  I was hoping to be at the
> last meeting to bring up the subject but was not able to make it that
> day.  I have been to various websites that give a lot of info on drivers
> but none that really explain the step by step process of  getting the
> thing to work. I can give additional system info if anybody  is
> interested in tackling this.
>
>  One item I did notice is that during start-up there is a line that says
> that "request IRC--  resource is busy"(or something like that) and I was
> wondering if this was somehow the problem. Mandrake  has no problem with
> recognizong the nic that is connected to my cable modem as eth0, but
> nothing shows up for eth1.
>
> Anything at this point is appreciated. If  I can get this figured out
> for connection sharing  I would be one step closer to dumping windows,
> at least on my desktop.
>
> Thanks,
> Mike Osika

Dege