Meeting and Mozilla

Gregory J. Neumann gjn at certainlywood.com
Tue Sep 24 13:59:13 EDT 2002

You've actually been able to do that since Win95 ... before it didn't
matter.  What SP1 is supposed to do, but doesn't, is allow you to
remove IE in favor of something else.  All it really does is remove the
"references", and it's almost as much a pain as making another
browser the default.  The attitude seems to be, "We're making it
possible because the Court says we do, but we are NOT going to
make it EASY!", and even then, IE is STILL installed, STILL used by
the O/S where you can't see it.  So all the bad aspects are still there!
Setting Mozilla as my WinXP Pro default simply involved clicking the
"set as default" button in the Preferences.

oops!  I'm ranting about Microsoft again! (still!)  Sigh!  "It's what we
use at work."

-Greg