Meeting and Mozilla

John R. Ghidiu john at rmdashrf.org
Tue Sep 24 12:31:11 EDT 2002

i didnt make it to the meeting, but i did want to add to this discussion.
i have been using a piece of software called privoxy for some time now.
privoxy is a filtering proxy that can be run on a standalone box or on
your local computer. available at www.privoxy.org, and based on code from
junkbuster (www.junkbuster.com), privoxy allows you to filter out ads,
popup windows and just about anything you can make a regex for. privoxy
also allows you to change, on the fly, the text from a web server (the
current version comes with a filter to change microsoft to microsuck). the
best part is that there is a windows version and a linux version. i use it
quite steadily and would reccomend it. not having to deal with ads and
popups is such a big deal, but i didnt even realize it until i used
privoxy for a while and used someone else's computer...

john

On Tue, 24 Sep 2002, Gregory J. Neumann wrote:

> Also, under
> Edit -> Preference -> Advanced,
> be sure to UNCHECK "Open Unrequested Windows"!!
> NO MORE "POPUPS"!!
> That alone should be enough to make everybody try Mozilla!  That
> and "tabbed browsing"!  Took time, but this is one very awesome
> browser!
>
> -Greg
>
> > In Mozilla (Same as Netscape 7) you can set preferences by going to
> > EDIT -> PREFERENCES.  There's a button saying "Set Default Browser".
> >
> > - Tony
> >
> > > Hola !!
> > > I'm back. How did the meeting go on SUN ? Did the meeting go on SUN ?
> > > What was discussed, and what was done ?
> > >
> > > On another note, I downloaded Mozilla 1.0. Does any one know how to
> > > make Moz your default web browser, in either  Windows or Linux ?
> > > --
> > > Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be
> > > normal. Albert Camus
> > >
> > > Scott

John R. Ghidiu
john at rmdashrf.org