DD

Mark Musone mmusone at shatterit.com
Fri Sep 13 22:17:07 EDT 2002

If your just concerned about network traffic, you can just pipe the dd
through scp
With compression turned on. You'll get probably twice the speed because
you are simply not using NFS.
And secondly, the compression should  probably doube the non-NFS speed,
and will compress the
DD zero blocks tremendously.

So overall, you should quadruple the transfer speed of the used blocks
and essentially not need to transfer (ok, your transfring it but a speed
of probably 10-20 times at least) the unused blocks.

-Mark