DD

Justin Bennett Justin.Bennett at dynabrade.com
Fri Sep 13 14:43:01 EDT 2002

Ghost doesn't do what you want? Powerquest Disk(Drive???) image. Something
like that. Haven't used it much, but a guy at work uses it alot. It makes
a boot disk which is actually caldera linux I believe, when it runs the
image and restore programs. I have a copy at that I got for evaluation
purposes (limewire) but I've never used it, I've only used just ghost.
Other than that can't tell you much about it.

Robert Dege said:

> Does anyone know of a program that acts like Norton's Ghost?  I would
> use dd, but it doesn't an entire dump of the disk, instead of just the
> data. It makes it cumbersome when I want to image 500 Megs on a 10 gig
> HD.
>

> Dege
>
> So Many Things in Life Would Be Really Funny
> .... If They Weren't Happening To Me
>

> --
> dangerous content by Dynabrade using Mailscanner,
> and is believed to be clean.

Justin Bennett
Red Hat (Linux) Certified Engineer
Network Administrator