Mandrake KDE??

JJ Neff jjneff at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 10 07:47:01 EDT 2002

I tried to urpmi the downloaded KDE3 files this am and logged out and back in
(and set runlevel back to 5) and still no go on logging in.  I had to come to
work so I didn't have time to dig in...few questions.  Should the drop down box
now have KDE3 as a choice or still say KDE? Does the login screen look very
different from KDE2?

I think even though I had installed KDE3 I was in Runlevel 3 and the last line
of the urpmi was "you can now start kde3 from console with kde3".  This has me
convinced I wasn't even startign the KDE3 kdm...  any ideas on what I missed
(/etc/sysconfig/desktop should be set to what?)

Thanks

JJN

(using my Debian with WM box..;-)