Tar problems

Justin Bennett Justin.Bennett at dynabrade.com
Thu Oct 31 08:39:07 EST 2002

ok, I'm doing a tar -tvf for his directory right now and emailing myself
the results, I'm only looking for one directory (that a user blew away)
I'm going to try and see if I can pull only that one off. I was just
sucking the whole home directory, I didn't want to try typing out the
subdirectory name, the user can't tell me if he had Capital letters,
spaces or whatever. I'm going to see if I can skip the bad section, if not
I'll try another tape.
Thanks
Justin