Need some input on IMAP

Charles Rishel chaz03 at localnet.com
Wed Oct 23 18:55:12 EDT 2002

UW IMAP is what I am reading up on now.  I figure it will likely be the one
I use, but am looking for any input from people with experience with imap,
as I have no previous experience with it.

To your second question, yes.  We are in the process of creating the
website, hosted with a provider, I am going to .forward all incoming email
to that site to an email account with my ISP.  I then want to be able to
download all the messages to my Linux server using fetchmail.  I would then
be able to use the existing POP3 implementation that is currently running
on my system, however, I want to enable us to BOTH be able to
see/read/respond as necessary to the business emails.  I figure IMAP would
be best for that, as then she or myself can mark messages as read or
replied to, but the other will still be able to see/read/access the
applicable email message.  I hope I have not confused anyone on that.

POP3 deficiency: if you leave message on server, there is no way to know if
the message has been recieved or replied to.  I want to circumvent this
problem.  At the same time, I don't want messages removed from the server.