Internship Opportunity

Mark Musone mmusone at shatterit.com
Tue Oct 22 16:14:10 EDT 2002

Hi all,

For those of you still in school, we are offering 2 internships for
qualified people.
I don't expect these openings to be available very long due to the
demand, but on the plus side,
We are really looking for the two "right" people, so if you feel that
you have what it takes,
Feel free to contact me!

Below is a summary of the position.

This position is focused on the training and enhancement of a system
administration knowledgebase. This position provides real-world
experiences for those interested in system administration or in a better
knowledge of systems, networks, unix, and windows server operating
systems. We will be providing training and hands-on usage of network
infrastructures, installation of Linux, Unix, and Windows operating
systems. The candidate will learn server best practices methods,
troubleshooting, and problem resolutions. All aspects of System
administration from backups to installations to advanced kernel tuning
and system monitoring and troubleshooting will be taught.

Qualification/Skills: Qualifications are basic system administration
knowledge of unix (Linux) preferably or Windows NT/2000. End user
knowledge of these oprating systems is a must. This internship program
is focused on propelling the qualified candidate from being a beginning
system administrator to being one of the best in the region. The
qualified intern must be excited about learning new technologies, and be
willing to learn and be trained on both best practices methodologies
along with highly technical system fundamentals.

Organization Profile: Shatter I.T. is Western New York and Southern
Ontario's only true Managed Service Provider. We are not a hardware
vendor, consulting group or server farm. Shatter I.T. is a data center
and network operation control center (NOC).

Managed Service includes the monitoring and management of all of
infrastructure and issues that are integral in system and network
operations. Unlike ASPs which offer the applications themselves, a true
Managed Service Provider is a vendor and OS neutral service that can
procure, configure, install, and maintain the necessary servers,
firewalls, and other devices that the customer's architecture requires,
including the operating system, backend database and support processes.

Our focus: the operation, reliability, monitoring and management of your
network and systems.