Meeting?

Scott Lawton green_man at bluefrognet.net
Sat Oct 19 11:35:39 EDT 2002

On 15 Oct 2002 at 16:52, Cyber Source wrote:

> If we need my place again, 115 Richfield in Williamsville, everyone is
> welcome, lets all speak up on this! On Tue, 2002-10-15 at 16:05,
> colszewski at adelphia.net wrote:
>     Is there going to be a meeting on Sunday?   Where?
>

>     Chet

If we need a project/ demo box, I can bring mine. I got a 2nd drive and fed it Win98 SE.
The plan - dual boot, linux on one HD and Windows on the other. The first drive has W95 and Mandrake 81on it.
I'll need some files moved from Win 95 into Win 98 before the whole disk goes over to linux.

I ssues -
I tried to config netcards and it ate my Kmail and Kppp dialer.
It's like they never existed, so I can't get online from Linuxland. I'm hoping an upgrade to Man 82 will fix this.
Games don't run, not even Tuxracer, I'm thinking Man82 again.

Maybe next month the Sparc, and John could talk about getapt and urpmi - what they are and how they work.
I read that they are supposed to be supported in Mandrake. Or WINE, I've heard lots of people with problems getting
things running inside WINE, but never anyone getting anything to work successfully. I have a graphics viewing prog
that's supposed to be fully functional in WINE, but I can't get it to do anything. I have no idea how to even begin to
trouble shoot it.

I will bring a chair, ext cord,  powerbar and coffee.

--
Scott
Pegasus v 4.01

"There are 10 kinds of people in the world:
those who understand binary, and those who don't."
Richard Hubbard