NT Registry At Logon

Justin Bennett Justin.Bennett at dynabrade.com
Thu Oct 17 14:08:17 EDT 2002

I'v tried putting
regedit /s xxx.reg

into the login scripts the problem is everyday users don't have
permissions on NT/2K boxes to add reg entries. I can't find away to allow
them to do that without being administrators. I've got to trick the
machine to running it as a diffrent user than the one that logs in.

Darin Perusich said:
> you might to able to modify you're logon script's at add registry
> entries. adding you commands to
> /var/opt/lanman/repl/import/scripts/NETLOGON.CMD should take care of
> this, i think. i currently only use it to mount network shares.
>
> Justin Bennett wrote:
>> I know this is not technically the place for this question but here
>> goes. I have NT/2K clients on a Solaris PCNetlink NT Domain (emulates
>> NT 4 SP4). I need to be able to add registry entries to a PC when it
>> boots or logs onto the domain. Without prompting the user, and the
>> users usually don't have rights to add registries. There are a lot of
>> people on here that know alot more about NT than I. I have a logon
>> script, and user/machine policies. I don't see anything in the
>> policies to let me do this. I have found reference to regedit /s
>> xxx.reg this works from an admin account but not a normal user
>> account.
>>
>> Any help is apreciated
>>
>> thanks
>> Justin
>>

> --
> Darin Perusich
> Unix Systems Administrator
> Cognigen Corp.
> darinper at cognigencorp.com
>

> --
> dangerous content by Dynabrade using Mailscanner,
> and is believed to be clean.

Justin Bennett
Red Hat (Linux) Certified Engineer
Network Administrator