NFS Issue

Justin Bennett Justin.Bennett at dynabrade.com
Tue Oct 15 08:30:40 EDT 2002

Ok I've got a sever just used for backup, Its got the tape drives and some
scsi drives for oracle exports. It was running 7.0 I believe, I upgrades
it to 8.0 (nfs-utils-1.0.1-2, kernel-2.4.18-14). I have an NFS export to a
Red Hat 6.2 (nfs-utils-0.1.6-2, kernel-2.2.14-5.0) box, oracle 8.17
database server. I run an oracle Export to the NFS export share on the
backup box. When it was running 7.0 the export took 45 minutes for a 15 GB
database. Since I have upgraded to 8.0 it takes 6 hours and 45 minutes. I
believe this is an NFS version issue. Can anybody confirm this, is there a
work around? The 8.0 box is up2date, the 6.2 is not (oracle is very picky
about glibc versions and such) I don't want to run up2date update
something then hose my oracle production box.

Thanks
Justin

Justin Bennett
Red Hat (Linux) Certified Engineer