Mysql Problem

JWStoll jstolly92 at netscape.net
Mon Oct 14 20:16:06 EDT 2002

I am having a problem starting up mysql in mandrake 9.0. Everything
worked fine till now. An error keeps coming up saying this

[root at sycoris root]# mysqladmin create test
mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
error: 'Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)'
Check that mysqld is running and that the socket:
'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' exists!

I checked to see if mysql.sock exists and it does. When i try to start
mysql it get this same error. Any way of fixing this?