RedHat 8.0 ??!!

Charles Rishel chaz03 at localnet.com
Mon Oct 14 17:11:05 EDT 2002

I believe that I had read (i haven't installed additional fonts) that you
can create a fonts dir in your home directory and that the Font server will
check user directory for this.  I just wish I could remember where I read
that so that I could give a bit better information, or a link to where I
had read that.
If I come across that information I will repost that info here.

Chaz03

At 09:10 AM 10/14/02 -0400, you wrote:
>Ok Bob or anyone else out there.....
>Can you tell me where RedHat 8.0 might have put a font installing tool????
>They seem to have stripped the kfontinst package from kde3 and I can find
>no other gui tool to import fonts into the system. How could they try to
>really enter the desktop world and not include a way to import fonts?? I
>am sure I am missing something, hopefully......I have been reaching for
>the Mandrake 9 cd's but I know I must be missing something here

"If you want others to follow, give them leadership that they can believe in."