kdeartwork

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Sun Oct 13 00:18:18 EDT 2002

Bob Meyer and I downloaded and installed the rpm file today, just to
check it out  for your benefit, it is available as an rpm for Mandrake
9.0, check it out at speakeasy.rpmfind.net. I can't believe Mandrake 9.0
didn't include them,
RedHat 8.0 is looking better and better, right Bob?
On Sat, 2002-10-12 at 22:51, Jason Parker-Burlingham wrote:

    Tom Morgan <samothyev at yahoo.com> writes:

    > Cyber Source <peter at thecybersource.com> wrote:
    > > Are you running it as root?
    > I get the same error when I run it as root.

    The solution is still to install a working compiler (or find a
    pre-compiled package) but generally, one should *never* compile any
    software as root.

    Compiling as root means you are running software from an unknown
    source with superuser privileges.

    Compile it as a normal user, test it, and then run "make install" or
    whatever as root, if you must.
    --
    | ``Ooooaah!                                                            |