kdeartwork

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Sat Oct 12 10:06:23 EDT 2002

Are you running it as root?
On Sat, 2002-10-12 at 09:34, Tom Morgan wrote:

    I am running Mandrake 9 and  am trying to add icon
    themes and noticed I did not have kdeartwork. I looked
    on the extras cd and did not see a rpm for it. So I
    found a zipped version of it and unzipped and untarred
    it. I am fairly new to linux and do not know all the
    syntax etc to configure this, so I did a search on the
    net and found the following command line:
    ./configure --prefix=/opt/kde-3.0.3 --disable-debug \
        --disable-dependency-tracking &&
    make &&
    make install

    Now I do not know if this is correct but I am
    courageous enough to attempt it. So I run this command
    in the dir I have the kdeartwork package installed and
    get this result:
    @localhost kdeartwork-3.0.3]$ ./configure
    --prefix=/opt/kde-3.0.3 --disable-debug \
    >     --disable-dependency-tracking &&
    > make &&
    > make install
    checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnuoldld
    checking host system type... i686-pc-linux-gnuoldld
    checking target system type... i686-pc-linux-gnuoldld
    checking for a BSD compatible install...
    /usr//bin/install -c
    checking for -p flag to install... yes
    checking for mawk... no
    checking for gawk... gawk
    checking for gcc... no
    checking for cc... no
    checking for cc... no
    checking for cl... no
    configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH

    Can anyone help shed some light on this for me? Or at
    least point me in the direction I can go to figure out
    how to install this and other packages? Thank you in
    advance.

    Tom Morgan

http://faith.yahoo.com