Next meeting SUN workstation

JJ Neff jjneff at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 8 11:23:47 EDT 2002

I have in my office a Sun Ultra 10 that I've installed Solaris 8 twice and
crushed twice (my own not knowing how to work it).  Currently I have nothing on
it and this could be a next meeting activity.  I can wrestle it out of here and
bring it but would have to bring it right back.  I would love to be able to use
it as a workstation at work, but I would have to install a Linux Distro for
SPARC since I really don't know enough about Solaris.  I would hate to have a
Sun box thought and not run Solaris.  ( I used to have a subject matter expert
at hand to ask questions but not anymore :-(
Maybe Mandrake 9.0 ?

Anyone interested in doing an install and teaching a some Sun workstation
stuff?

JJN

PS If I was to do this it couldn't be the 20th as I can't make a meeting on the
20th but it could be 13th or 27th or the 17th of Nov (3rd Sunday of Nov).